Sumitomo Rubber South Africa (Pty) Ltd TyreLife Warranty
I. Tyres covered by this warranty:
All Sumitomo Rubber South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“Sumitomo Rubber SA) brandedpneumatic tyres bearing the complete description and serial number as required by the ECE regulations R30 or R54.
II. What is warranted and for how long:
Material and workmanship warranty:
- Every tyre is warranted against defects in material and/or workmanship for the usable life of the original tread, ending when any part of the tyre has worn up to the tread wear indicators (TWI) or for a duration of eight (8) years from the date of manufacture (“TyreLife”).
- If a tyre becomes unserviceable due to such defect within the legal remaining tread depth, it will be replaced free of charge with a comparable Sumitomo Rubber SA tyre, on a pro rata basis calculated on the remaining pattern depth
- Pro-rated adjustment credit to the customer will be given based on the percentage of remaining usable tread depth, down to the tread wear indicators. Where no tread wear indicator is present, there will be no credit due.
- A claim for ride discomfort will be accepted for adjustment only during the first 10% of the original tread depth. Such tyre claim will be replaced free of charge with a comparable Sumitomo Rubber SA tyre. A set of four (4) tyres from the same vehicle will be evaluated individually and adjusted according to each outcome.
- The Tyre Warranty shall be Transferable for the life of the tyre – Note that those tyres presented for a warranty claim by someone other than the original purchaser, can and will enjoy the benefit of the Tyre Life Warranty for the residue of the period from the date of manufacture only.
- Special Note to the duration of Tyre Life as defined above – paragraph (a)
What is not covered by this Warranty (Exclusions)
- Unserviceability as a result of any of the following: road hazard damages (cuts, punctures, bruises, impact breaks), use of incorrect rims, improper fitment to rim, tyre misapplication, improper repair technique or repair materials, improper inflation, overload, irregular wear, rim imbalance and/or damage, defective vehicle mechanical components (example- brakes, suspension, rims), improper suspension alignment, accident, fire, chemical damage, damage from chain use, racing, off-road use, run flat, improper fitment, vandalism, or abuse.
- Tyres having vital information such as the week code number (date of manufacture) modified and or removed.
- Tyre failure resulting from a failed repair by a non-accredited Dunlop dealer, example- plug repairs.
- Tyres that have tread grooves altered from the original design i.e. re-grooving.
- Any cost of tyre repair or retreading is not covered by this warranty and will be solely borne by the tyre owner
- All claims will be considered on a case-by-case basis, subject to tyre industry norms and standards as regulated by the prevailing legislation at that time.
- The Tyre Life Warranty Policy comes into effect from January 2020 onwards.
- All tyres produced on or after January 2018 will, for the duration of eight (8) years from the date of manufacture, be covered by the above mentioned Tyre Life Warranty Policy.
- Please note that all tyres produced prior to January 2018 will, for the duration of five (5) years from the date of manufacture, be covered by the terms and conditions relating to the SRSA Limited Warranty Policy & Procedure.