SRSA MILEAGE WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The SRSA Mileage Warranty is issued by SRSA on Dunlop branded products only
- You, the vehicle registered owner must have just purchased new tyres from an SRSA registered tyre dealer;
- The mileage warranty will only be valid for every four (4) tyres which are purchased and simultaneously fitted to the same vehicle at the abovementioned tyre dealer;
- It is compulsory that balancing, and wheel alignment is conducted on or before the expiration of 7 days or 500KM’s (whichever comes first), after fitment of all four (4) tyres at an SRSA accredited tyre dealer;
- Only selected Dunlop SUV tyres are eligible for the Mileage Warranty;
WHAT IS WARRANTED:
Where an eligible tyre fails to achieve the manufacturers mileage standard as set forth in this Limited Warranty Schedule.
WHAT / WHO IS COVERED AND FOR HOW LONG?
- The registered owner of the vehicle must be the purchaser of the tyres;
- The tyres must be on/used on the same vehicle/wheels on which the tyres were initially installed;
- S/he as abovementioned must have the original or legible copy of the purchase invoice;
- Will only remain valid in South Africa, Swaziland, Lesotho, Namibia and Botswana;
- Only applies to Dunlop branded tyres and will be honoured at a SRSA registered tyre dealer;
- Will only be valid if all registration details are fully completed on the Dunlop MyTyres App or SRSA Dealer Portal, and submitted within 7 days of purchasing the qualifying tyres;
- Will NOT be transferrable upon sale of the vehicle.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER TYRES THAT BECOME UNSERVICEABLE DUE TO:
- Tyres fitted for the improper/incorrect use.
- Road hazards, including but not limited to: Puncture/s, cut/s, impact break/s, stone drill, bruise/s, bulge/s, snag/s, etc.
- Incorrect use, including but not limited to: vandalism, damage caused by an accident, mechanical defects, driver abuse and or negligence which includes incorrect inflation pressure/s, overloading, tyre spinning, use of an incorrect/improper wheel/s, general misuse, tyre modification and or alteration in any way, shape or form.
- Damage and or impairment resulting from improper installation, wheel misalignment, or tyre/wheel assembly imbalance.
- Insufficient or improper maintenance, including, without limitation: failure to rotate tyres as recommended, wheel misalignment, worn suspension components, improper tyre mounting or demounting, tyre/wheel assembly imbalance, or other like vehicle conditions, defects, or characteristics.
- Damage resulting from under or over inflation.
- Rapid tread wear or wear-out is not covered under this Mileage Warranty.
- Flat spotting caused by inappropriate storage or brake-lock;
- Contamination or degradation by petroleum products and or any other chemicals, fire or other externally generated heat sources, or water or other material trapped inside the tyre during mounting or inflation.
- The addition of liquid, solid or gaseous materials other than air, nitrogen or carbon dioxide (for example, water base sealers or balancing substances) at the time of inflation.
- Vehicles used for any racing application.
- Ozone or weather cracking on tyres over eight (8) years from date of purchase.
- Tread depth less than the marked tread wear indicator.
- Failure to follow any of the safety and maintenance recommendations or warnings.
CONDITIONS AND EXCLUSIONS THAT APPLY?
- Kindly take note that this warranty does not provide compensation for loss of time, loss of use of vehicle, inconvenience or consequential damage.
- The warranty is limited to eight (8) years from date of manufacture.
- Kindly take note further that, any and all tyres presented for a claim remains the property of the consumer, and SRSA or any of its subsidiaries will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to said tyres which are in the custody or control of a Dunlop tyre retailer for the purpose of inspection for warranty claims. In the event of a disputed claim, the consumer must make the tyre available for further inspection.
- Only once a tyre/s is accepted for a claim/s, will the risk pass onto SRSA.
- SRSA reserves the right to withdraw the Mileage Warranty on future purchases.
- SRSA reserves the right to cancel the Mileage Warranty without prior notice, notwithstanding existing registrations.
- SRSA reserves the right to remove any tyre pattern or tyre size from this programme without prior notice.
THE MILEAGE WARRANTY AND PROTECTION PLAN REQUIREMENTS:
Requires the purchaser to:
- Rotate, balance and align the tyres between 7600 kms and 8400 kms after fitment, at a SRSA registered tyre dealer; and complete the maintenance record on the MyTyres app or SRSA Dealer Portal.
- Keep all invoices and report sheets for maintenance which must thereafter be uploaded onto the app for record purposes.
- Consistently check the vehicle’s tyre pressure which must be in accordance with the vehicle manufacturer specifications as use of over or under inflated tyres will void the mileage warrant.
- Ensure that the serial numbers/ production markings of the tyres remain visible at all material times.
MILEAGE WARRANTY PRIVILEGE
If in the event the tyre/s fail to reach the specified mileage, provided that the warranty criteria have been met, this eligible claim can and must be submitted to any SRSA registered tyre dealer for assessment.
An adjustment, if any will be made on the replacement cost of the customer’s next purchase of a new Dunlop tyre. The percentage of the unachieved mileage will equate to the monetary value to be credited on your next purchase. The adjustment cost will exclude VAT, fitment and/or balancing and wheel alignment.
The original purchaser must present the tyre invoice and maintenance invoices as required in the terms and conditions. Please note that the remaining tyre tread cannot not be less than 1.6mm and not greater than 1.8mm.
Kindly note that the maintenance cost/s of having tyre/s fitted, balanced, aligned and or any other service/s that may be required on original and replacement tyres are for the customer’s account.
Continued usage of a tyre which has surpassed the tyre wear indicator will not qualify for any benefit/s associated herewith.