Peace of mind for drivers and fleet owners
"With the trucking industry under constant threat, long haul and construction drivers and vehicles regularly targeted in acts of violence and sabotage, knowing that the tyres you put on your fleet are from a trustworthy, premium range gives you and your drivers much needed peace of mind. Dunlop, the iconic tyre brand, with a history dating back over 130 years and a local, world-class manufacturing facility, understands the challenges faced in the trucking world."
“The transport sector is a highly competitive one, with fleet owners and drivers under pressure to meet challenging delivery targets, navigate difficult road conditions and ensure the safety of their vehicles and that of other road users,” says Lubin Ozoux, CEO of Sumitomo Rubber South Africa (Sumitomo Dunlop). “The construction sector faces many of the same challenges including time constraints and sometimes extremely difficult site conditions. Our custom built 180 000m² truck and bus radial factory in Ladysmith KwaZulu-Natal works to produce truck and construction vehicle tyres that address the challenges faced on and off the road, providing durable high quality tyres for a range of road applications and wheel positions.”
Sumitomo Dunlop, capitalising on Dunlop Energy Control Technologies (DECTES*), delivers an extensive truck and bus radial range ideal for a number of sectors, including the construction industry and long haul fleet, offering a significant bottom line impact.
Some of the heroes of the on/off road construction range include:
- SP571 – this Steer position hero is well suited for ordinary highway usage on mid and short-distance vehicles. Offering improved durability, the SP571 is designed for a longer lifespan with a reinforced bead structure, a wide, wear-resistant tread. Serrated vertical grooves, lateral shoulder grooves and a deep main groove with stone ejector exhibit good shoulder wear resistance and excellent driving performance.
- SP931 – designed to deliver extra-long tread life and enhanced traction under the toughest conditions such as mud, sand and various rough roads, the extra-deep grooves on this beast of a tyre makes it suitable for the Drive position on vehicles that require on-and-off-road applications, such as waste collection vehicles that are required to travel on municipal roads, and go off-road into dumps to discharge loads.
- SP925A – the anti-chip, cut resistant tread compound and durable steel breaker casing and bead of this Drive axle tyre designed for on and off-road use, provides a long-mileage solution with better traction for dump trucks carrying out 50 – 100% off-road or short route operation.
- SP581 – is a Mixed Service All-Wheel position tyre designed for both on and off-road operations. Made from a special tread compound that enhances cut and chip resistance, re-treadability and also features damage resistant sidewall profiles.
- SP281 – the deep tread depth, four-rib tread enhances both performance in severe conditions and durability as well as offering impressive mileage. As a Steer position tyre, the SP281 is suitable for short haul mixed service applications.
The Sumitomo Dunlop Research and Development team, with experts from across the globe, works tirelessly to exceed expectations and deliver technologically advanced solutions. “Backed by the latest Japanese engineering insights from our parent company, Sumitomo Rubber Industries, we are able to deliver a durable, premium range of products specifically designed to meet the challenges of African conditions – both on and off-road,” Ozoux says.
A strong brand heritage coupled with world-class manufacturing capabilities and a drive to develop safe, effective and durable solutions, has strengthened Sumitomo Dunlop’s position as a leader in the truck and bus radial (TBR) markets on the African continent.
Keep your fleet rolling and site operational, visit https://www.dunloptyres.co.za/Tyre-Range/BusTruck for more information.
* DECTES is a unique technology that delivers next-generation innovation and compounding technologies. These enhancements result in reduced tyre maintenance and rotation requirements, increased re-treadability and an up to 30% reduction in tyre rolling resistance delivering significant CPK and bottom-line savings to truck and bus fleet owners.