TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE MY TYRES APP ONLINE COMPETITION BY SUMITOMO RUBBER SOUTH AFRICA (PTY) LTD (“SRSA”), (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS “THE PROMOTER”)
The new Dunlop My Tyres app is your one-stop-shop for all things concerning your tyres and keeping on top of your car.
Download the app and sign up for your free My Tyres account to keep track of and manage everything related to your tyres.
From maintenance to free quotes, we’ve got you covered. Download the app and stand a chance to win superior discounts on all our Dunlop tyres.
Duration of the online competition:
The online competition will commence on Friday, 30 November 2018 at 10:00 and will end on Sunday 20 January 2019 at 17:00.
To qualify for the promotional competition, you must:
- Be a permanent resident of the Republic of South Africa;
- Be 18 years or older;
- Hold a valid identification document
- Must downloaded the My Tyres app and created a user profile during the competition period and
- Possess a valid email address and/or cell phone number
How to enter the competition:
- Download the Dunlop My Tyres app from the Apple Store (Apple devices) or the Google Play Store (Android Devices).
- Create a profile on the app that is active at the time of the competition draw.
- The competition is only open to residents of South Africa residing in South Africa.
- One app download per device equals one entry into the competition.
All Participants whom have downloaded the Dunlop My Tyres app and have created a profile (which is active at the time of the competition draw), may stand a chance of winning a voucher towards the purchase of their next set of tyres.
- All rights in and to the voucher will be transferred to the winner directly upon confirmation of win.
- The voucher is only valid on the purchase of Dunlop branded tyres at participating Dunlop Zone Dealerships
- All winners shall accept vouchers as they are and subject to any terms and conditions to the vouchers.
- Vouchers will under no circumstances be handed over to a third party and will only be handed or transferred directly to the verified prize winner.
- The voucher is non-refundable, non-transferable, and not exchangeable for any other item.
- The voucher is only valid until the 28 February 2019.
- Vouchers will not cover any other cost of the winner what-so-ever.
- Responsibility for the safekeeping of the voucher is solely the responsibility of the winner.
- Defaced, photographed or photocopied vouchers will not be accepted. The Promoter will not re-issue damaged, lost or stolen vouchers.
- Vouchers contain unique identification numbers, barcodes and/or access codes which will make sure that each voucher is redeemed only once. No vouchers may be redeemed without such information being made available.
- SRSA employees are not eligible to enter the online competition.
Awarding of the Prize:
- The winners will be at the discretion of the Promoter.
- All valid entries will be entered a draw to stand a chance to win a voucher towards the purchase of their next set of tyres. The draw will be conducted on 25 January 2019.
- In order to redeem the vouchers, the winner must present a valid identification document when claiming the voucher. The voucher is only valid on the purchase of Dunlop branded passenger, SUV; 4x4 and motorcycle tyres that are available on the Dunlop tyres (www.dunloptyres.co.za) website.
- Each voucher can only be won once; the winners will be notified via telephone or e-mail on or before 31 January 2019. Voucher codes will be mailed to the winner by the Promoter.
- The winner will be required to sign an acknowledgement of receipt of their voucher, if applicable, and will be required to furnish the promoter with their names and identity numbers in terms of the Consumer Protection Act No. 68 of 2008. In the event that the winner cannot be successfully contacted following all reasonable attempts to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to draw another winner in substitution after two (2) working days.
- The voucher is not transferable and cannot be converted to the cash value. Any voucher issued in this online competition is valid as per the date stipulated on the voucher itself or as stipulated by the Promoter. All rights in and to the prize/s will be transferred to the winner/s directly upon receipt of the prize.
- The voucher is only valid until the 28 February 2019.
- Vouchers will be issued to winners via email. Please allow two (2) weeks for delivery of any prize.
Announcement of the Winners
- The names of the winners will be announced on Dunlop Tyres SA social media platforms.
By entering the MY TYRES APP ONLINE COMPETITION for, all participants agree to these terms and conditions.
The Promoter of the promotional competition is Sumitomo Rubber South Africa (Pty) Ltd,
All information relating to this promotional competition and published on any promotional or advertising material forms part of these terms and conditions.
The winners of this promotional competition shall be chosen at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
In the event of any dispute, the decision of the Promoter will be final and binding on all aspects of this promotional competition.
The Promoter is not liable for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotional competition that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
Image Disclaimer: Prize images are for illustration purposes only. The actual prizes may vary.
The Promoter makes no representation, warranty or undertaking whatsoever as to any implied terms and conditions with respect to the prizes in this contest and will not entertain any direct correspondence with anyone in this regard.
The Promoter, its directors, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, suppliers, contractors and sponsors assume no liability or responsibility whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from a participant’s participation in this promotional competition and will not entertain any direct correspondence with anyone in this regard.
The Promoter will publish the winner’s names and photographs in any advertising, promotional, print, point of sale or public relations material.
The Promoter will use photographs of the winners in perpetuity.
The Promoter shall have the right to terminate this promotional competition with immediate effect, prior to any draw having taken place. In such event, all participants hereby waive any rights, which they may have against the Promoter and hereby acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against the Promoter, it’s directors, members, partners, employees, sponsors, agents.
Failure to comply with these terms and conditions will result in immediate disqualification of a participant.
The Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel this competition and any prizes (which have not yet been subject to a draw), or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which it reasonably deems necessary.
Participants hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Promoter, its directors, members, agents, advisors, suppliers, partners, employees, sponsors and consultants to the fullest extent allowed in law, against any claims arising howsoever from their participation in this competition and/or use of the prize.
These rules shall be governed by the laws of the Republic South Africa. The participant consents to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Magistrates Court, in respect of all matters arising out of or in connection with the Competitions or these rules.
If any provision of these rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, then that provision shall be severed from these rules and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining provisions.
It is not intended that any provision of these rules contravenes any provision of the Consumer Protection Act No. 68 of 2008, and therefore all provisions of these rules must be treated as being qualified, if necessary, to ensure that the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act are complied with.
The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any participant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that a participant has breached any of the terms and conditions, any applicable law (including copyright law) or has otherwise infringed the intellectual property of any other person.
Each Participant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with the Terms and Conditions could lead to the Promoter disqualifying that person, without the Promoter giving any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.