TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE DUNLOP, FALKEN AND SUMITOMO TYRES 2019 GRAND HOLIDAY PRIZE
COMPETITION CONDUCTED BY SUMITOMO RUBBER SOUTH AFRICA (PTY) LTD (“THE PROMOTER”)
BETWEEN 15 MARCH 2019 AND 25 APRIL 2019, PARTICIPATING DUNLOP ZONE AND DUNLOP EXPRESS CUSTOMERS WHO PURCHASE TWO
OR MORE DUNLOP, FALKEN (LOCALLY PRODUCED) AND/OR SUMITOMO PASSENGER TYRES COULD STAND A CHANCE TO WIN THE
GRAND HOLIDAY PRIZE COMPETITION.
BETWEEN 15 MARCH 2019 AND 25 APRIL 2019, DUNLOP ZONE AND DUNLOP EXPRESS CUSTOMERS WHO PURCHASE TWO OR MORE
DUNLOP GRANDTREK SUV TYRES COULD STAND A CHANCE TO WIN THE GRAND HOLIDAY PRIZE COMPETITION.
This competition is open to customers of participating Dunlop Zone and Dunlop Express Stores in South Africa and Namibia, Lesotho, Swaziland and Botswana.
- Duration of the Competition:
The competition will commence on 15 March 2019 at 08h00 and will end on 25 April 2019 at 17h00, including
weekends and public holidays.
Entries received after 17:00 on the Thursday, 25 April 2019, will NOT be considered for the competition
- To qualify for the Competition:
The Participant must:
- Be a permanent resident in any one of the following countries; Republic of South Africa, Namibia,
Swaziland, Lesotho and Botswana;
- Be 18 years or older;
- Copy of ID;
- Provide a valid email address and cell phone number;
- Purchase any 2 Sumitomo or Falken or Dunlop passenger branded tyres at a participating Dunlop Zone or
Dunlop Express store during the Competition period.
- Purchase any 2 Dunlop Grandtrek SUV tyres at a participating Dunlop Zone or Dunlop Express during the
- How to enter:
Customer buys 2 or more Sumitomo, Falken or Dunlop passenger tyres
Qualifies for one entry into the Grand Holiday Prize
Customer completes the printed entry form and drops the form into the entry box in store.
Customer buys 2 or more Dunlop Grandtrek SUV tyres
Qualifies for two entries into the Grand Holiday Prize.
Customer completes two printed entry forms and drops the forms into the entry box in store.
- Competition Prize:
- The prize is a Grand holiday valued at R50 000 to a destination of the winner’s choice. The winner to
work with the promoter’s nominated travel agent to make the necessary holiday bookings.
- The prize is not exchangeable for cash.
- The prize is not transferable, unless by the written authorisation of the promoter.
- The customer may upgrade to holiday of higher value, at their discretion and cost.
- Awarding of Prizes:
- The Grand Holiday Prize will be awarded to the winner selected through a random draw which will be
conducted within 2 (two) months of the closing date of the competition.
- The winner will be notified telephonically or via e-mail, within fourteen (14) days of the draw taking
- In the event that the winner cannot be successfully contacted within one (1) of the competition being
drawn, and following all reasonable attempts to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to draw another
winner in substitution thereof.
- Redemption of the Prize:
The following process must be followed to redeem the Grand Prize:
- The winner will be required to sign an acknowledgement of receipt of the prize letter and will be
required to furnish the promoter with a copy of their Identity document, passport, where applicable as well
as the copy of the invoice entered as proof of purchase of the Sumitomo, Falken, Dunlop or Dunlop Grandtrek
SUV tyres purchased at an authorised Dunlop Zone or Dunlop Express.
- The Grand Holiday Prize winner must make contact with the promoter’s specified travel agent within one
(1) month of been contacted to claim the prize, which is valid for a period of one (1) year from award.
- If the prize is not claimed within the specified period, the promoter reserves the right to cancel the
- By entering this promotion, all participants agree to these terms and conditions. The Promoter of this
promotional competition is Sumitomo Rubber South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“SRSA”).
- Directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants of or any other person who directly or
indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter or marketing service providers in respect of the
promotional competition, or the spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members
thereof are not eligible to participate in this Competition nor is any person who directly or indirectly
controls or is controlled by the Promoter.
- All information relating to this promotional competition and published on any promotional or advertising
material forms part of these terms and conditions.
- The winners of this promotional competition shall be chosen at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
- In the event of any dispute, the decision of the Promoter will be final and binding on all aspects of
this promotional competition.
- The Promoter makes no representation, warranty or undertaking whatsoever as to any implied terms and
conditions with respect to the prizes in this contest and will not entertain any direct correspondence with
anyone in this regard.
- The Promoter, its directors, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, suppliers, contractors
and sponsors assume no liability or responsibility whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss or damage
arising from a participant’s participation in this promotional competition and will not entertain any
direct correspondence with anyone in this regard.
- The Promoter will publish the winner’s names and photographs in any advertising, promotional, print,
point of sale or public relations material.
- The Promoter shall have the right to terminate this promotional competition with immediate effect, prior
to any draw having taken place. In such event, all participants hereby waive any rights, which they may
have against the Promoter and hereby acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature
whatsoever against the Promoter, it directors, members, partners, employees, sponsors, agents.
- Failure to comply with these terms and conditions will result in immediate disqualification of a
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel this competition
and any prizes (which have not yet been subject to a draw), or any aspect thereof, without notice at any
time, for any reason which it reasonably deems necessary.
- Participants hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Promoter, its directors, members, agents, advisors,
supplier’s partners, employees, sponsors and consultants to the fullest extent allowed in law, against any
claims arising howsoever from their participation in this competition and/or use of the prize.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and/or
- These rules shall be governed by the laws of the Republic South Africa. The participant consents to the
jurisdiction of the High Court, in respect of all matters arising out of or in connection with the
Competition or these rules.
- If any provision of these rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent
jurisdiction, then that provision shall be severed from these rules and shall not affect the validity or
enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- It is not intended that any provision of these rules contravenes any provision of the Consumer Protection
Act No. 68 of 2008, and therefore all provisions of these rules must be treated as being qualified, if
necessary, to ensure that the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act are complied with, where
- The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any participant if it has
reasonable grounds to believe that a participant has breached any of the terms and conditions,
- Each Participant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with the Terms and Conditions could
lead to the Promoter disqualifying that person, without the Promoter giving any reason for such
disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.
- By entering, a Participant acknowledges that personal information about the Participant will be shared
with the Promoter and their agents to the extent necessary to conduct the Competition and for prizes to be
delivered to prize winners.