WIN BACK YOUR TYRE PURCHASE
We are committed to advancing safety so our customers can take the road with confidence.
Come in for expert advice and a FREE tyre check and stand a chance to Win Back Your Tyre Purchase between 23 June and 31 July.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE DUNLOP ‘WIN YOUR TYRES BACK’ PROMOTIONAL COMPETITION CONDUCTED BY SUMITOMO RUBBER SOUTH AFRICA (PTY) LTD (“THE PROMOTER”)
Duration of the Competition:
The promotional competition commences on Monday, 23 June 2017 and ends on Monday, 31 July 2017 at 22:00, including weekends and public holidays.
Entries received after 22:00 on the Monday, 31 July 2017, will NOT be considered for the competition prize package.
To qualify for the promotional competition:
The Participant must:
- Be a permanent resident in any one of the following countries; Republic of South Africa, Namibia, Swaziland, Lesotho and Botswana
- Be 18 years or older,
- Have a valid email address and/or cellphone number
- Purchase any Dunlop or Sumitomo branded tyre at an authorised Dunlop Zone
How to enter:
- Participants will qualify for entry into the competition by purchasing any Dunlop or Sumitomo branded tyre at an authorised Dunlop Zone.
- Participants will be required to sms their details to a short sms code 47091. The required details are the participants name and surname as contained in their Identity book/card, as well as their email address and/or cellphone number and the invoice number from the authorised Dunlop Zone dealership where Dunlop or Sumitomo branded tyres were purchased.
- Participants will be encouraged to view the website, through a mix of internet banners, social media posts and press advertising.
The total value of the prize/prizes is R 150 000-00 (One hundred and Fifty thousand rand).
A random draw will be conducted where several winners will be drawn. The draw will be conducted as per the promoter’s competition policy.
- The winners shall accept the prize as presented subject to any terms and conditions of the prize.
- The prize is non-transferable, and not exchangeable for credit or any other item.
- The prize is a cash refund of Dunlop or Sumitomo branded tyres, as per the individual invoices of the prize winners.
Awarding of Prizes:
- The prizes will be awarded to the winners selected through a random draw which will conducted by the 31st August 2017.
- The winner will be notified telephonically or via e-mail, within fourteen (14) days of the draw taking place.
- In the event that the winner cannot be successfully contacted following all reasonable attempts to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to draw another winner in substitution thereof after seven (7) working days.
- The winners will be drawn from the entries sent through to the sms line for SA and entry boxes for the participating SADC (namely: Namibia, Swaziland, Lesotho and Botswana) countries.
Redemption of the Prize:
The following process must be followed to redeem the prize:
- The winners will be required to sign an acknowledgement of receipt of their prize and will be required to furnish the promoter with a copy of their South African Identity document as well as the copy of the invoice entered as proof of purchase of the Dunlop or Sumitomo branded tyres purchased at an authorised Dunlop Zone.
- The winners will be required to provide proof of their banking details that has been confirmed by the respective bank i.e. a letter stamped by the bank.
Announcement of the Winner
The names of the winners will be published on the Dunlop Tyres SA social media pages.
- By entering the Win Your Tyres back promotion, all participants agree to these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter of this promotional competition is Sumitomo Rubber South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“SRSA”).
- Directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants of or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter or marketing service providers in respect of the promotional competition, or the spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members thereof are not eligible to participate in this Competition nor is any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter.
- All information relating to this promotional competition and published on any promotional or advertising material forms part of these terms and conditions.
- The winners of this promotional competition shall be chosen at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
- In the event of any dispute, the decision of the Promoter will be final and binding on all aspects of this promotional competition
- The Promoter is not liable for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotional competition that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
- The Promoter makes no representation, warranty or undertaking whatsoever as to any implied terms and conditions with respect to the prizes in this contest and will not entertain any direct correspondence with anyone in this regard.
- The Promoter, its directors, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, suppliers, contractors and sponsors assume no liability or responsibility whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from a participant’s participation in this promotional competition and will not entertain any direct correspondence with anyone in this regard.
- The Promoter will publish the winner’s names and photographs in any advertising, promotional, print, point of sale or public relations material.
- The Promoter shall have the right to terminate this promotional competition with immediate effect, prior to any draw having taken place. In such event, all participants hereby waive any rights, which they may have against the Promoter and hereby acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against the Promoter, it directors, members, partners, employees, sponsors, agents.
- Failure to comply with these terms and conditions will result in immediate disqualification of a participant.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel this competition and any prizes (which have not yet been subject to a draw), or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which it reasonably deems necessary.
- Participants hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Promoter, its directors, members, agents, advisors, supplier’s partners, employees, sponsors and consultants to the fullest extent allowed in law, against any claims arising howsoever from their participation in this competition and/or use of the prize
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and/or Twitter.
- Participants must note that any use of profanity, vulgar language, sexist, homophobic, political or racially motivated content or any other form of discrimination, will be removed from the aforementioned social media platforms and the Participant will be automatically disqualified. To avoid disqualification from the Competition, all participants shall also ensure that they do not defame, misrepresent or make disparaging remarks about the Promoter, its products or other people.
- These rules shall be governed by the laws of the Republic South Africa. The participant consents to the jurisdiction of the High Court, in respect of all matters arising out of or in connection with the Competition or these rules.
- If any provision of these rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, then that provision shall be severed from these rules and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- It is not intended that any provision of these rules contravenes any provision of the Consumer Protection Act No. 68 of 2008, and therefore all provisions of these rules must be treated as being qualified, if necessary, to ensure that the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act are complied with, where applicable.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any participant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that a participant has breached any of the terms and conditions, any applicable law (including copyright law) or has otherwise infringed the intellectual property of any other person.
- Each Participant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with the Terms and Conditions could lead to the Promoter disqualifying that person, without the Promoter giving any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.
- By entering, a Participant acknowledges that personal information about the Participant will be shared with the Promoter and their agents to the extent necessary to conduct the Competition and for prizes to be delivered to prize winners.